GUIDE: Priest basics // lvl 50 defense build

Go down

GUIDE: Priest basics // lvl 50 defense build

Post by Soorty on Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:32 am

{{Priest guide made by Soorty, guild Ascension. If you have any question or anything you can contact me through forum private message, Discord Soorty#3907 or in game}}

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lC2aGn_m2CYesHwZDWE_vWcS2eliydzLfqlKjYVg8rs/edit

WHAT IS PRIEST?
Priest is a healing class that gets its power from Healing power and Critical accuracy. It is one of the most important classes in the game and also needed in every party in PvE and PvP. Priest is able to heal, shield and resurrect her teammates and a good priest is able to change the way of the game dramatically. As been said priest has the most potential to be anything the player wants in this game but my guide is mostly for full PvE support priest. This guide is just my opinion about the priest and the guide is based mostly on my experience ingame. This guide is not telling you how you should play the priest but it is showing how i do things and it is here to help new players with this class. Nuff' said, let's boogie.

Class
Priest 

Role
Primary: Healer, support
Secondary: Damage

Combat style
Single target and AOE heals, shields, ranged magic damage

Difficulty
PlayThisGame has rated this class for one star out of five cause of its survivability is high. Priest can heal itself yes, but you need also to keep your teammates alive and in PvP there is alot action happening around and experience in game, i would give it 3 or 4 stars instead. ​

Positioning
Priest is a ranged class so be as far as you can be from the boss behind the tank and next to ranged DPS. Different dungeons might have different strategies to defeat the boss, so if the tank moves with the boss move along with the tank. Always keep the max distance to the boss to avoid damage or wipe if not told otherwise. In PvP you need to move alot so try to position yourself in range with your teammates and avoid enemy dps attacks.

WHY TO PLAY PRIEST?

​Yaaaass
High heals, survivability is high
Always needed in PvE and PvP
Depending about the build can be really tanky, hard to kill
Resurrection skill
BM skill is pretty
Noodle skill \o/ (and as a dude u kicking some shackles)

Nuuuu
Damage is not high
Leveling alone can be painfull

SKILLS

Attack

​​Basic attack
Fire a holy bolt at a target dealing damage. 
Casting time: 1sec
Cooldown: none

​Divine Light
Fire a bolt of pure, divine light at a target dealing damage. Must remain still while casting.
Casting time: 2sec
Cooldown: 1sec

Entangling Revenge
Summon holy chains to chastize enemies to deal damage and slowing enemies movement speed by 50% for short time. Lasts 8 seconds.
Casting time: 2sec
Cooldown: 6sec 

Basically this skills slows enemies and it is good to use if they are about to run away. Also example in monster arena some mobs chasing you will get slowed so you have more time to run away and kite.

Seed of Purification
Plant the seed of the purification in the heart of the target purging corruption dealing damage every 3 seconds over total of 12 seconds,
Casting time: 0.9sec
Cooldown: 4 sec

Priests only DoT skill. Place this whenever possible to enemy or boss to help with the damage.

​Holy Strike
Instantly fire a bolt of holy energy at a target dealing damage.
Casting time: 0.6sec
Cooldown: 4sec

​Cleansing Touch
Send purifying waves of light at a target dealing damage. Must remain still while channeling.
Castin time: 2.9sec
Cooldown: 5sec

>  > 

Best and fastest combo of damage from priest comes when these skills used.

​Retribution
Create a nova of holy light to expel evil around you dealing damage to all nearby enemies with in 3m.
Casting time: 1.4sec

Healing

​Swiftmend
Summon a rush of holy light to instantly heal a target.
Cooldown: 12sec

​Light of Revival
Bless a target with sphere of light healing the. Must remain still while casting.
Casting time: 1.9sec

Healing Light
Heals a target with burst of a holy light.
Casting time: 1.9sec

​Desperate Prayer
Summon a heavenly pillar of light to instantly heal a target for a large amount. 
Casting time: Instant
Cooldown: 300sec

Heals targets HP to full immidiately.

​Divine Plea
Summon the dawn, showering you and you companions with a torrent of holy light healing both me and allies around me. Heals for a large amount. Musta remain still while channeling.
Casting time: 4.8sec
Cooldown: 180sec

Biggest AoE healing skill. When using this you don't need to target anyone.

​Healing Star
Instantly summon a burst of starlight to heal a target and all nearby allies.
Casting time: 1.5sec

AoE heal for the people around our target. 

Auras

​Fire Resistance Aura
Ward off fire magic with a blessed aura. Increases fire resistance for you and your party members.

​Ice Resistance Aura
Ward off fire magic with a blessed aura. Increases ice resistance for you and your party members.

​Dark Resistance Aura
Ward off fire magic with a blessed aura. Increases dark resistance for you and your party members.

​Lightning Resistance Aura
Ward off fire magic with a blessed aura. Increases lightning resistance fo​r you and your party members.

Party buffs

​Holy Fortitude
Bless companions with the holy light, bolstering their resolve. Increases maximum HP of all party members and also increases HP regen.
Casting time: 0.9
Lasts: 60min

​Divine Spirit
Bless the spirits of companions, streghtening their inner will. Increases maximum MP and MP recovery for you and your party members
Casting time: 1.1sec
Lasts: 60min

Other buffs and skills

​Cure
Fill the target with purifying light, removing harmful magic and curse effects.

Dispell skill which you need to use to take away debuffs from allies. 

Devotion
Manifest the purity and power of your soul, doubling your healing and sprouting angelic wings for a short time. 
Casting time: 1.1sec
Cooldown: 180sec

This skill gives you wings for short time and it doubles your healing. Use this if you are in need of serious boost in healing.

​Theo's Favor
Pacify yourself, reducing your current threat to all nearby enemies making them less likely to attack you.
Cooldown: 45 sec

​Resurrection
Call the soul of a fallen commrad back to their body with a surge of divine light. Must remain still while casting. 
Casting time: 9.7sec

​Repentance
Enter a state of repentance, negating all damage taken for a short time. This meditation requires full focus, disallowing all other actions and rooting you in place. Lasts 7 seconds. You can exit from this state whenever.
Cooldown: 300 sec

Makes you immune to all damage for short time. Use this if you are getting too much aggro so Force Shielder can come take the mobs away from you. Also in PvP if you are targeted hard and need few seconds time to think your next move. You can always cancel it by pressing the skill icon on the right up corner.

Theos Fate
​Pulls 1 party member to the front of the user.
Casting time: 0.4sec
​Cooldown: 60sec

Divine Shield
​Absorbs up to 12,000 damage for 1 friendly player, forming a Divine Shield thats restores half the absorbed damage.
​Cooldown: 180sec

Response from Above
Brings the power of the sky down on surrounding enemies within 6 meters and dealing damage.
Casting time: 3sec
Cooldown: 0sec

​Battlemode
Battle Mode: Power of Healing
Casting time: 2.9sec 

Other

​Dash
Instantly advances uo to 10m with speed.
Casting time: 0.3sec 
Cooldown: 15sec

Escape
Escape instinctively from the location to 5 meters behind. Enemy will lose target on you when used.
Castin time: 0.6sec

Cooldown: 10sec

SKILLBAR

Picture of my skillbars i used. I have healing skills on the downbar so they are easily used. I tend to use attack skills and buffs/auras with mouse. Dash i have in my mouse's third button. 

BONUS STATS

Most important bonus stats to put for a priest while leveling are Max HP and Healing Power. While leveling you should put 1 to HP and 2 to Healing power in each lvl. You can reset them at any point (by using Stat Reset Kit) and good points for that are somewhere around at lvl 40-45 and lvl 50. For lvl 50 dungeons minimum HP needed is 15k to avoid instant wipe. So for lvl 50 , when i reseted my stats, i checked that i will get enough HP for upcoming dungeons. Some would say put some points for Critical cause it is needed too but in the endgame you will get enough from runes and gear. 

GEAR
I have listed below what kinda gear my priest has as in pictures. Most important stats in gear in PvE and PvP are Healing Power, Critical Accuracy, Max HP. For trinkets it would be good to have Healing power, Critical Accuracy, Max HP and Evasion. 

PvE

PvE gear is so called lvl 47 or 50 crafted Heroic set or Rift gear set obtained from HSC dungeon at lvl 50 cap. I would recommend crafted Heroic lvl 47 set because this set has the stats you need in your gear after you craft it. Rift gear has random stats and it needs to be refurbished many times and the good stats are based on the luck. Rift set is higher lvl set and has higher stats but getting them is harder than the crafted one. On crafted lvl 47 you only need to gather the materials and craft the item. Slots and effect core slots are also based on luck, but you can always try craft the item again and hope for many slots as possible. Lvl 50 set gear is really expensive to make and right now the item needed for this crafting is really rare drop in dungeons or expensive in agent shop. But if you can afford that i would maybe say go for it. Also the upgrades in my gear could be better but i was lazy little priest \o/, thou i am able to handle like this well enough.

If you decide to go for the lvl 47 Heroic set make sure you craft the one with Defense. Defense is really good in PvE dungeons and even in PvP im doing well. Evasion is more like: you can evade the hits but when you don't evade it you take more damage. As defense build i get hit more often but not so hard suddenly. With lvl 47 defense build as an armor and my lvl 50 faction skills i have been able to hit 25k defense overall, when tanks have 30-40k defense or even more. I crafted as long as i got 2 slotted armor and filled the cores with all defense types. For weapons i did the same and for main hand i added effect core. After some time i changed my lvl 47 weapons to Ekellia weapons cause they have higher stats. Same happened with the mantle. I also have Ekellia set for armor, but im not gonna post it here snce this is PvE guide.

Weapons
Ekellia Priest weapons

Armor
lvl 47 Defense set

PvP

For PvP the best gear to use is Ekellia. You need Honor points in order to open gearboxes and with luck to get Ekellia parts. Only Ekellia gear has PvP attack and Defense. 

BATTLE MODE

Pries battle mode so called "BM" is one of the prettiest out there. In BM priest is able to restore huge amount of health to herself and her allies but is also really vulnerable to enemy attacks. Still enemies shouldn't underestimate priests damage either. All classes will get BM from quest starting at lvl 35 by doing all your yellow quests.

Big circle on the left side of the bar tells when BM time ends. It doesn't last forever so it is critical to know when to use it to help your teammates the most. Priests BM is called Battle Mode: Power of Healing and as like showed in the bar priests have 2 attack skills, 2 healing skills, 1 dispell and 1 shielding ability. BM has 2.8 second casting time and cooldown time is 300 seconds. BM doesn't consume any mana.

• 1st Skill is solo target chain skill. In first skill there is 3 steps so it is easy to combo in order to make more damage.
  • 2nd Skill is solo target skill too but it can be casted only once before it goes to longer cooldown than first skill. Second skill also deals more damage than first one.
  • 3rd Skill is solo heal which heals only one targeted player. This skill has 2 steps.

• 4th Skill is AoE heal which has 2 steps too. This skills heals players around your target meaning that if you target tank which has melee dps near him you heal everyone near the tank. If you are far away with range dps and you target yourself you will heal yourself and range dps but melee dps wont get healed.
  • 5th Skill is solo dispell. It takes away harmful magic and curse effects meaning some of the dots, roots and paralyze.
  • 6th Skill in AoE shield for all your team. It prevents incoming damage for short period.

GEMS

Below i have listed most important gems for PvE. At lvl 40 its good to equip Vigor of Revival and Trace of Light. I used Vigor of Revival and a mana regen gem as my first gems. Then i changed mana regen gem for Merciful Gift by the time i leveled up. After that i replaced Vigor of Revival with Large Theo's Mercy but i still have Vigor in my bag. Also i have Mass Heal for large PvP maps. Now at lvl 50 im using most of the time Large Theo's Mercy and Merciful Gift for AoE shield and maximum healing.

Instant Alertness
Equip lvl. 40
Can be obtained from: Abysmo points npc
Gives you Instant Alertness effect, regenerating MP. This effect not stack.

Inner Focus
​Equip lvl. 40
Can be obtained from: Abysmo points npc
Gives you a chance of Inner Focus effect, regenerating MP. This effect does not stack.

​Trace of Light
Equip lvl. 40
Can be obtained from: Conquest points npc
[Healing Light] gives an additional continuous recovery effect for a period of time, but the amount of healing it gives is reduced.

​Vigor of Revival
Equip lvl. 40
Can be obtained from: Calm Snowy Fields
[Ligh of Revival] increases the caster's healing power by a certain amount, which can be stacked 5 times. When Swiftmend is used while this effect is stacked 5 times, the healing skill will affect all party members and the Light of Revival effect will disappear. ​

Mass Heal
Equip lvl. 40
Can be obtained from: Honor point npc
[Heal] will recover the HP of party member within a 20m radius of the target. Heal's cooldown increases to 30 seconds.

Hand of Reckoning
Equip lvl. 40
Can be obtained from: Honor point npc
[Cleansing Touch] changes from a targeted skill to an AoE skill. The cooldown of Cleansing Touch is increased to 30 seconds.

Theos Grace
Equip lvl. 40
Can be obtained from: Conquest point npc
[Theo's Favor]'s effect changes to reduce damage over a period of time. Skills can be used while the effect is active. Theo's Favor's cooldown is increased to 5 minutes. 

Merciful Gift
Equip lvl. 45
Can be obtained from: Acient Research Center
When healing skill is used, a Merciful Gift effect will be given, increasing the amount a target is healed. Merciful Gift can be stacked 5 times.

Large Theo's Mercy
Equip lvl. 50
Can be obtained from: Calvinus Underground Fortress
[Theo's Mercy]'s effect changes so that all party members within 30m receive less damage. Cooldown time is increased to 5 minutes.

GEM NPC'S

Gem NPCs can be found from Frey Hilltown. There is 3 of them in total and each one has their own currency.  
​ 
Honor points 
Can be obtained from PvP action so called Maelstrom Castle and Forgotten Temple.  

Conquest points 
Can be obtained by running dungeons. 
​ 
Abysmo points 
Can be obtained by killing monsters coming out from blue and red abysmos. 

RUNES

For this build i made 5x Healing Power, 5x Critical Accuracy, 5x Maximum HP and 5x All Defense Types. Important is to make atleast Healing and Critical runes as high as possible to get a good healing. With these runes i am doing really well and i think at 50 cap all runes lvl 5 are enough. In this picture i have lvl 7 and 6 Healing runes. I have seen priests with Evasion runes instead of All Defense but as my guide is for Defense build so are my runes as well. 

Special runes are not in the NA version yet.

PETS

For priest pet Healing, Critical accuracy, Defense and Max HP are really good stats. DoggoD has 4 healing, 2 critical accuracy, 2 max hp, 1 defense and 1 attack. Perfect pet could be 5x Healing and 5x Ciritical or 5x Healing and 5x Defense. Best pet has the stats you need the most. 

FACTIONS AND FACTION SKILLS

Northwest Cartel mantle

Eastern Rebellion mantle

Southern Cartel mantle

​In Cabal 2 there is 3 different factions that are hostile to each other. When you join faction you get each factions very own skills to use. Every faction has 2 common skills for each class and one special for each faction. You choose your faction in Grey Canyon at lvl 45 or 46 quest. Without faction you can't enter the next map Ramparts. 

The quest NPC will appear in this location in Gray Canyon. 

​After getting your faction quests in Ramparts you should always do them in order to make your faction lvl higher to get passive stats and also be able to use more faction skills. I added below some pictures how i usually use my faction skills. Keep in mind that i can use so many/so high lvl of them cause i am max lvl faction.

​Full defense and Way of Heal.

​Full defense with Healing Spring.

​Full defense with Mass Revival.

​North Faction skill

This skill is basically AoE heal with really low cooldown. It heals everybody nearby and the higher tear skill used, more it heals. As North priest i have Way of Heal III on all the time and i use it whenever needed.

Way of Heal I
Restores huge amount of HP to all friendly units within a range of 30 meters.
Cooldown: 30 sec

​Way of Heal II

​Way of Heal III

East Faction skill 

This skill is AoE shield for all teammates nearby. It protects everybody around the priest for short time except the priest herself. I had my other priest character in East way back. I used III once whenever it was needed and then switched factions skills back to full defense. Also Defense and Critical boost together would be good combination when this skill isn't in use. Its really good in PvP maps when team is about to take alot damage, example killing turret.

​Prayer of Protection I
Completely protects all party members within a range of 7 meters, except the user, for 5 seconds.
Casting time: 4.9sec
Cooldown: 600sec

​Prayer of Protection II
Completely protects all party members within a range of 7 meters, except the user, for 10 seconds.
Casting time: 9.8sec

​Prayer of Protection III
Completely protects all party members within a range of 15 meters, except the user, for 15 seconds.
Casting time: 14.8sec

South Faction skill

This skill is single target immunity for short time. Target wont take any damage and they can't be stunned or paralyzed. For this skill i did the same as East skill. First use it whenever needed and switched back to defense. South skill is good for diving and also protecting turrets in PvP and bases in Nation war. Well placed immunity can turn the way of the game.

​Blessing of Repentance I
Completely protects an assigned target for 3 seconds. Cannot be used on self.
Casting time:Instant

​Blessing of Repentance II
Completely protects an assigned target for 5 seconds. Cannot be used on self.

​Blessing of Repentance III
Completely protects an assigned target for 12 seconds. Cannot be used on self.

Common faction skills for all factions

Healing spring

Healing spring is one of the common skills which every faction priest has. It is really effective HoT skill. It heals nice amount time to time and is good skill to use if team needs alot heals without using your BM.

​Healing Spring I
Continously restores HP for party members every 3 seconds for a span of 30 seconds. Usable on targets within a range of 30 meters.
Cooldown: 600 sec

​Healing Spring II
Continously restores HP for party members every 3 seconds for a span of 30 seconds. Usable on targets within a range of 30 meters.

​Healing Spring III
Casting time: Instant: 

Mass revival

Here things get really pretty. When this skill is equipped priest can resurrect more than one teammate at once. If your team has wiped during war or dungeon try to get yourself up (you should always have those resurrection stones!) and use this skill. Notice that it is really important to pick someone from the middle of your team so the range has effect to all teammates! After using it heal everybody up and you are ready to continue.

​Mass revival I
Resurrects all party members surrounding a target.
Casting time: 4.8sec

​Mass revivalII
Casting time: 2.9sec

​Mass revival III

FOOD, SCROLLS, REMEDIES

Especially Remedy of Healing and Protection are good for priest. Use them if you are in need of little bit extra healing and critical or defense. ​

Holy and Protection scrolls give some extra healing and defense for certain amount of time. They are very good for longer runs and in PvP.

Hot Dogs give small manaboost, but little can be still useful. I recommend always have them with you and take next one right away after first one disappears.

​Red Berry Drink gives small healing boost and i recommend taking these with you as well.

TIPS AND TRICKS

• Auras make you gain aggro in dungeons and near mobs if the Force Shielder is too far from you. Avoid using them in abysmo farming and in dungeons if you are about to be left behind.
  • Light of Revival might get bugged when you use it many times in a row. Bugged means that it keeps casting the skill over and over even that you dont press the skills. Good way to get rid of this is to use dash. Same can happen with Cure but there you have to wait till the bug is gone. It usually disappears by itself soon after.
  • With BM AoE heal and Healing star skills is really important to remember that AoE in this case means that these skills heal everybody near your target. Meaning that if you target tank which has melee dps near him you heal everyone near the tank. If you are far away with range dps and you target yourself you will heal yourself and and people around you but the tank far away wont get healed.
  • By using Devotion and instantly before battlemode or Healing Spring you can maximize the healing.

Admin

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCcEIEdHR8oMSR5Xvm6d2hg

Back to top Go down